Let’s explore the new features shipped with Magento 2.3.4 in this blog.
Magento, a powerful ecommerce platform, has recently released some major enhancements packaged as Magento 2.3.4. In this blog, you can understand what are new features and improvements that have been included with the latest upgrade for both Magento Open source and Magento Commerce releases.
This release has more than 220 functional fixes to the core product along with over 30 security enhancements. It has a resolution of over 275 contributions by the community members. These community contributions are from minor clean-up of core code to significant enhancements also to Inventory Management and GraphQL.
New Features In Magento 2.3.4
Substantial security enhancements
Over 30 security enhancements have been in Magento 2.3.4
- To eliminate cross-site scripting (XSS) and remote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities
- Removing custom layout updates and the deprecation of layout updates to close the opportunity for Remote Code Execution (RCE)
- Focussing redesigned content template features to add only whitelisted variables.
- Magento is keen on taking all relevant steps to protect your Admin, but not limited to- IP whitelisting, two-factor authentication, use of a VPN, and the use of a location other than /admin with good password hygiene.
Major platform Upgrades
The below platform upgrades enhance website securities and PCI compliance.
- Enhancements of the message queue framework through the latest release of RabbitMQ v3.8.
- With the release of Redis v5.0.6, now it is possible to test the session storage to enhance page caching ability.
- Enhancing support for MariaDB 10.2 by which now has normalized values returned by MariaDB.
- The core integration of the authorized net payment method will be deprecated. Magento emphasizes using the official payment integration that is available on the Marketplace.
Merchants and customers can enjoy performance improvements as a result of the enhancements:
- Customer section invalidation mechanism is refactored and banner cache logic will be improved to eliminate the redundant non-cached requests to the server on catalog pages
- PHTML files will be refactored for better support parsing by the bundling mechanism
- A new configuration setting permits merchants to disable Magento Reports
- Statistics collection of the reports’ module is disabled by default
- Magento emphasizes disabling Reports functionality for performance reasons when this capability is no more required
The Magento 2.3.4 release has 250 enhancements to core quality, which will improve the quality of its framework and select modules
Merchant tool enhancements
Integration with Adobe Stock image galleries enables merchants to add higher quality media assets to their website contents without leaving from Magento Admin.
Live Chat powered by dotdigital enables merchants to improve conversion rates and keep customers returning with real-time engagement.
- All Magento 2.3.4 merchants can get a free live chat.
Inventory Management enhancements for Magento 2.3.4 release includes
- Addressed a well-known issue causing higher loads on the database server.
- Updated the Inventory Reservations CLI commands to minimize memory usage.
- Resolved issues related to credit memos, products, sources, and mass stock actions.
Magento 2.3.4 release includes improved GraphQL coverage for search, navigation, and cart functionality.
The following queries are available:
- It allows merging customer carts with the Guest carts
- It is possible to start an order on one device and complete it on another
- Layered navigation can make use of custom filters
- Search can be by ID, name, and/or URL key
All the above mentioned are the new features of Magento 2.3.4 version to enhance the performance even better.
We encourage you to talk with one of our experts at Webnexs to get a detailed understanding of the enhancements and security principles implemented.