Let’s explore the new features shipped with Magento 2.3.4 in this blog.
These community contributions are from minor clean-up of core code. From the significant enhancements to the Inventory Management and GraphQL features.
New Features In Magento 2.3.4
Over 30 security enhancements have been in Magento 2.3.4 features:
- To cut cross-site scripting (XSS) and remote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities.
- Removing custom layout updates and the deprecation of layout updates. It is to close the opportunity for Remote Code Execution (RCE).
- Focussing redesigned content template features to add only whitelisted variables.
Magento is keen on taking all relevant steps to protect your Admin. But not limited to the two-factor authentication, the VPN, and the use of a location.
Major platform Upgrades
The below platform upgrades enhance website securities and PCI compliance:
- Enhancements of the queue framework through the latest release of RabbitMQ v3.8.
- With the release of Redis v5.0.6, now it is possible to test the session storage to enhance page caching ability.
Enhancing support for MariaDB 10.2 by which it normalized the values returned by MariaDB.
- The core integration of the authorized net payment method will be deprecated. Magento emphasizes using the official payment integration that is available on the Marketplace.
Merchants and customers can enjoy performance improvements as a result of the enhancements:
Customer section invalidation mechanism and banner cache logic are good now. And to drop the redundant non-cached requests to the server on catalog pages.
PHTML files will be in for better support parsing by the bundling mechanism.
- A new configuration setting permits merchants to disable Magento Reports.
- Statistics collection of the reports’ module is now a default one.
Magento emphasizes disabling the Report’s functionality for performance reasons.
Merchant tool enhancements
- Live Chat by dotdigital enables merchants to improve conversion rates. Also, to keep customers returning with real-time engagement.
- All Magento 2.3.4 features help the merchants can get a free live chat.
Inventory Management enhancements for Magento 2.3.4 release includes:
- Addressed a well-known issue causing higher loads on the database server.
- Updated the Inventory Reservations CLI commands to cut memory usage.
- Resolved issues related to credit memos, products, sources, and mass stock actions.
The following queries are available:
- It allows merging customer carts with the Guest carts
- It is possible to start an order on one device and complete it on another
- Layered navigation can make use of custom filters
- Search can be by ID, name, and/or URL key
We encourage you to talk with one of our experts at Webnexs. We assure you’ll get a detailed understanding of the enhancements and features of Magento 2.3.4.