An image map was an aspect that was initiated with version 1.1 of Wcomm, and obtainable up to version 1.5 included.
New installations of Wcomm 1.6 do not have this aspect presented, but stores upgraded to version 1.6 can still utilize it.
If you have made a fresh installation of Wcomm 1.6 and you still desire to use image maps, here’s how:
- Open the Administration > Menus page.
- Tap on “Add a menu”
- In the form, provide the page a name (a priori, “Image Maps), and type “AdminScenes” in the “Class” field. Depart the “Module” field empty, and select “Catalog” for the parent page.
- Save the form. The image maps page now shown in the chosen page.
Make a note of this aspect is deprecated, and not sustained anymore.
Image Mapping Allocates multiple click zones in a picture so that you can open various product pages by clicking on a single image. This feature makes your site more attractive by relaxing your customers’ navigation.
Before creating an image map, you must have an image which aspects variations of a product or different products all together.
Selecting the option in the “Image Mapping” menu will take you to a new page listing the newly registered image drawings.
To create a new map, click the “Add New Photo Map” button. The screen you created is taken
Image map name: Enter the name of the image map.
- Status: Whether or not the image map is available. You can choose to delay all available connections until the settings are completed.
- Image to be maped: Select the image you want to mark the image map and click “Save, Stay”. This page will reload your uploaded photo and many more options.
Now we’re going to learn how to set up an image diagram. Click anywhere in your image and pull over one of your products offered, in order to highlight and cut the portion of the image you want to click on the user.
Your choice is clear and luminous when the remaining image is dark. Carefully consider your selections legislation with the clickable area of your customer.
Once this is completed:
- In the field below the image, type the first few letters of products associated with your selected region.
In our example, we will type “dress”, and many options will appear. Then we can choose “printed dress”.
- Confirm your choice by clicking “OK”. Your map is now created.
Repeat this process for all the products in this picture that allow you to access by one click.
Clicked regions will be visible to the “+” icon. Balancing over the image with your mouse cursor, you can observe a small window showing the image name, default image, short description and price
If you made a mistake in your clicked area, you can recover from its pages or corners.
If you want to delete a click area, select the area and click the “Delete” button in the image.
Finally, you have to assign your image map to a picture. This is done by checking the boxes in the “Categories” table.
Once all changes are made, save all your settings.
In your selected category, your image map is now available in your store.
Last Update: March 12, 2018