In this tutorial, I will show you how to config Layered Navigation with Filterable Attributes in Magento 2.
Configure Layered Navigation Magento 2 from Magento 2 default is intended as a suitable sitemap on your Magento 2 store. The Layered Navigation is generally located on the left of the category page with a list of categories and price range. So, an alternative to going to your store, the customers only want to explain their demands through the criteria’s filter, and they will get the desired items very quickly. However, if you want to give more criteria’s for the searching as well as develop customer’s experience on your site, you can refer to Magento 2 Layered Navigation extension, an advanced filter from Webnexs.
By the default Layered Navigation, the clients can sort by product features or price, meantime the configuration of product count is discussed in this topic.
Layered Navigation with Filterable Attributes
It permits your clients to filter product by category or by attribute. For example, when a visitor goes shopping on your clothing store, the first step can be choosing a category he wants such as women, men, or sandals. At this point, all products classified into these groups will show on the result page. Next, he can filter product attributes to narrow the idea by styles, colors, price range and so on. These attributes are called filterable attributes and they are concealed in every criteria section.
Observe the following guides to configure the layered navigation with filterable attributes.
Configure Layered Navigation with Filterable Attributes
- Step 1: Form the Attribute Properties
- Step 2: Build the Category an Anchor
- Step 3: Check the Results
Step 1: Form the Attribute Properties
- On the Admin Panel, select Stores > Attributes > Product
- Below Attributes column, type the attribute name in the search box or find it manually, and then go to the Edit mode.
- On the left panel, choose Storefront Properties and place Filterable (with results) or Filterable (no result) for Use in Layered Navigation.
- Permit to search results in layered navigation by selecting yes in the Use of Search Results Layered Navigation field.
- Repeat the following steps if you want to comprise any other attributes in layered navigation.
Step 2: Build the Category an Anchor
- In admin panel, product<inventory<category
- In categories Name, select the category as you want to apply layered navigation.
- Select the Display mode, select Yes in the Anchor
- After complete, select save category
Step 3: Test the results
Now go to your store and hang over the category in the top navigation. Instantly, the choice of filterable attributes is showed in the layered navigation section of the category page.
The above mentioned steps show you how to config Layered Navigation with Filterable Attributes in Magento 2.
Last Update: April 9, 2018