Customers Management in prestashop
Now, we are going to know about how to handle your customers in customer management using prestashop.
The Primary page below the “Customers” menu provide you a record of all the registered customers on your shop.
The above image gives you a general view from above of your customers, with few fine points are thrown in which you can use to arrange and investigate accounts. They are:
- Title: In this title column customers can choose their societal title, which are coordinated with a kind and that can assist you enhanced customize your customer’s experience. Mr, Ms and Miss are the three default societal titles, but you can generate more in the “Titles” page below the “Customers” menu.
- Age: It’s better to know your customers age, that will help you to target your demographics, and desire to sell products that demand more to them.
- Enabled: When enabled, it indicates to find whether the customer is active or not. If you want to disable an account then click on the green “Yes”.
- News: This indicates, if the customer is subscribed to your shop’s newsletter or not. If you want to unsubscribe then click on the green “Yes”.
- Opt..: This indicates, if the account has accepted to collect e-mails from your partners or not. If you want to unsubscribe then click on the green “Yes”. It shows, Do not subscribe a user to these e-mails without their consent, as this is considered spam.
- Registration: When arranging user accounts, registration date and last visit will be helpful.
- Actions: In this actions column, you can modify the user’s account, and can easily see it in full (including its messages, orders, addresses, vouchers, etc..), or refuse it eternally.
Prestashop has a default customer, named as John DOE, when it is installed for the very first time with some sample data.
This fake user can be used for testing some of your shop’s features, and normally browse your shop and notice it the approach a usual user world.
Alter its credentials and make assured to delete this default user, earlier than you open your shop to the public. If not, then the guests could use it to create false purchases and more.
Under the customers table there is a “Set required fields for this section” button available. On clicking it, it opens a form that indicate if a database field is required or not by examining the apt boxes. By this method, when a customer is generating a customer account on your shop, you can make it so fields such as “Newsletter” or “opt in” are obligatory.
By clicking on the “Export” button at the peak, you can export a list of your customers.
If you want to import customers then with the help of the “Import” button, you can import them. If you require your CSV file then do follow this format.
- First thing, ID; Title; Last name; First Name; Email address; Age; Enabled; News.; Opt.; Registration; Last visit;
- Second thing, 2;1;Gorred;Francis;[email protected];-;1;0;0;2013-07-04 15:20:02;2013-07-04 15:18:50;
- Last thing, 1;1;DOE;John;[email protected];43;1;1;1;2013-07-02 17:36:07;2013-07-03 16:04:15;
If you need extra import options, then visit “CSV Import” page of the “Advanced parameters” menu.
Creating a New Customer Account:
When you want to create a new customer account manually, then select “Add New”, a form will be appeared now.
Next step is to fill out the customer’s information, such as:
- First name, Last name, E-mail address
- Group access
- Default customer group
- Title: Select any one title available in the page or you can also create your own “Titles” page below the “customers” menu.
- First name, Last name, E-mail address: These things are necessary and the names are helpful in the confirmation e-mails that Prestashop sends, and the e-mail address is helped for log-in.
- Password: Decide your password that longs at least with 5 characters.
- Birthday: These information are helpful for giving birthday e-mails and temporary discounts.
- Status: If you want to create an account, but it’s not have it yet.
- Newsletter: It can be helpful by the “Newsletter” module, for sending simpler information to those customers who demanded it.
- Opt-in: This column will be helpful one by modules for sending normal partner promotions to those customers who ask for it. It will show, Do not subscribe a user to these e-mails without their consent, as this is considered spam.
- Group Access: Containing customer groups helps you to create group discounts. Some other prestashop feature also be group restricted. You will be able to find out several things about group in the “Groups” Section of this prestashop user section.
- Default Customer Group: Every customer should have one main group, it doesn’t matter how many groups they belongs to.
In case, when your customers are only companies, then you must enable the B2B mode in order to receive more options, then go to the “Customers” page of the “Preferences” menu, and select “Yes” for the “Enable B2B mode” option.
Some company-specific fields are added on the B2B mode, they are:
- Allowed Outstanding Amount
- Maximum number of payment days
- Risk Rating
- Company: It indicates the company’s name.
- SIRET: It indicates the number of SIRET (only France).
- APE: APE (Activite principale exercee – France only) shows the principal activity code.
- Website: it indicates website.
- Allowed Outstanding Amount: It shows the sum of exceptional money that the company is permitted.
- Maximum Number of Payment Days: This shows the quantity of days that the company is permitted.
- Risk Rating: It shows your risk rating of this company whether it is Low, Medium or High.
Viewing a customer’s information:
When you want to have several information on a particular customer, by clicking on the “View” button, which is situated at the last part of the row in the customer’s list. Then a new fresh page will appears.
The variety of sections gives you a few key data on the user:
- First section indicates, Customer information, first and last name, e-mail address, ID, sign-up date, date of last visit and rank.
- Next section shows the information about the subscription to the store’s newsletter and subscription to advertisements from associated companies, the age, date of last update, and whether the account is active or not.
- Next section tells about confidential notes from the employees store’s(i.e. you or your team)
- Through customer service the messages will be sent by the customer to the shop’s team.
- Next shows which groups the customer belongs to.
- It shows the synopsis of the customer’s last purchases, spent amount, payment type, status For more information about every order, select on the icon in the “Actions” column.
- Synopsis of the products which were prepared by a customer. Among extra things, if you want to know when a customer is very tender of a product and may generate a particular discount for the 10th purchase. On clicking a product will straight to which that product is attached.
- Next shows the addresses that is registered.
- Next shows the available vouchers/cart rules.
- Carts that is created by the customers, when it is signed-up. You can see what is being added to the acrt in real time when your customer is currectly on your shop.
- At last, the preceding connection will be stopped.
Searching for a customer:
There are two different ways available on searching for a customer on a prestashop, they are:
- The First Method:
The first method consists of in-going information that you have into the prestashop search bar, that is established in the peak center of your previous office. By Choosing “everywhere”, “by name” or “by IP address”, you will be able to execute a search based on:
- ID: ID is the numbers that is given for the customer in the database.
- First Or Last Name: You can’t search both first and last name simultaneously, decide any one “John” or “doe”, for “John die” it won’t work.
- Next is E-mail address.
- IP Address: If you are able to explore using the IP of the most recent bond to your shop.
The results will be presented, the list will be given to you with the users ID, Social title, e-mail, birthday, registration date, amount of orders and must find out whether the users account is active or not. From that time, you can see the whole users page or you can modify its details also.
- The Second Method:
This second method be formed of moving to the “Customers page” and scheduling your every customers.
Now you can see this page in the image, at the crown of the list you will be able to finish the fields, in order to sort out it according to the subsequent standards: ID, Social title, first name, last name, e-mail address, age, account status whether it is enabled or disabled, newsletter subscription, partnering advertisements subscription, registration date, and connection date at last.
Get into your standard and select the “Filter” button in the peak right-hand spot of the table. Then, you can rearrange the list for some columns.
At last, you can get back to the complete list by clicking on the “Reset” button.
That’s all this is method to handle your customer’s, creating a new customer account, viewing a customer’s information and also searching for new customer in customer management using prestashop.
For further information contact us.
Last Update: March 16, 2018