You need to add carriers to your prestashop installation – that is, a clear indicator of who deliver your products. It may be for you or your shop (for example, you are selling the downloaded goods or working only locally), but you may want to add your store to your database, such as packages and your local Postal Service, or FedEx, UBS. This is to choose any carrier for your customers, based on their delivery borders, fees and dates.
The “Carrier” page lists all of your current carriers. From there, you can directly change their position, status, specify that why the shipping is free or not, change their position when customers are offered.
By default, there are two carriers in your database:
- Your own shop: This represents your objective shop, where customers can apparently take their products themselves. It’s not a price range or weight range package.
- My Carrier: This is a model carrier and cannot be used for production. It has one price range ($ 0 to $ 10,000) and a weight range (0 to 10,000 kg).
This is the removal of these default carriers and adding new ones to your customers. At least, you must change the carrier version of “My Carrier” and change its data to a real carrier: name, details and limitations. We suggest you erase the “My Carrier” carrier, and you must use the existing carrier module to register the shipping partner in prestashop.
New carriers are added by clicking the “Add New Carrier” button first. This opens a new page with two options:
- Use one of our recommended carrier packages: Registration of carrier by installing carrier modules is highly recommended: it makes the process much quicker and more accurate.
- Add new carrier: If your Shipping Partner does not have a module, you will need to register your carrier using your carrier guide on your own volumes or in the prestashop Adapter market: Click “Add New Carrier” to open this tool.
This is a new screen included in Prestashop version 22.214.171.124. You can decide whether you can install a carrier module or build your own carrier using a carrier guide.
Creating a new carrier using the carrier guide
- In this part, we make a complete carrier and use the carrier guide for A to Z. You can make as various carriers as you wish.
If a carrier has different shipping services, you have to create as many carriers in prestashop and they vary with their names:
- When you set up an account or have a direct contract with them, you will have to provide many details of the prestashop forms to your carriers. Check with them to verify that everything is fine.
- To create a new carrier, click the “Add new” button in the “Careers” page. This will open the carrier guide first of all four panels.
Panel 1: General Setting
You describe the carrier by providing information that the client needs to know the carrier you want and the customer to choose.
Let’s examine all the information you need to enter:
- Carrier name: The name is public, so you should use the official name. If you have created a prestashop carrier for shipping services from a single carrier, help them to distinguish.
You can add a description of the service. For example, you can fill “PrestaShipping – 500 lbs and above”.
You need to include a name in order to
- Transit time: Excepted time it takes this carrier to deliver your products is written in a blank language. It will be displayed to customers during checkout. They will help to select their carrier by considering the amount of time they need to wait to collect their shipping. Customers often agree to pay more for a faster carrier.
This field needs to be filled in all languages, especially the default one.
- Speed quality: Since carriers can have any text in the “transit time” field, the carriers’ transit methods cannot be compared. The “speed grade” setting allows the carrier to give a quality grade of 0 (very slow) up to 9 (very fast). It will then be used to sort the carriers by their speedy quality, and help customers choose the one they prefer.
- Logo: Since it has a logo, customers can easily accommodate different carriers. Prestashop resize your image to match the order form.
- As a reminder of any carrier editing / creating, the logo will appear in each group of carrier guides.
- Tracking URL: This field needs to be filled with a monitoring URL provided by your carrier (if there exists one). For example, France’s Postal Service offers this URL: (http://www.colissimo.fr/portail_colissimo/suivreResultat.do?parcelnumber=@) when clients complete their purchase, they will receive that URL with the “@” replaced by tracking number, offered by the carrier, you can find a place to distribute by clicking on that link.
Click “Next” to reach the second panel.
Panel 2: Shipping location and costs
First, this group provides a few settings:
- Include handling costs: Add or remove shipping and handling costs at this carrier price as set out on the “Shipping” page.
- Free Shipping: If enabled, you cannot specify shipping prices. If disabled, you can edit the limits and per-country costs in the form below.
- Billing: When client billing, prestashop can concern one of the two performances you want to set up depending on how you handle the billing (ensure their documents are verified):
- Total price: The billing order depends on the total price.
- Total weight: The total weight of the billing line depends.
- Tax: If this carrier is required a local tax is required, and if so, it is one. The line must already be in Prestashop (“Localization” menu on the “Tax” page).
- Out-of-range behavior: If you do not set a shipping cost for the region or weight required by the selected carrier, you can indicate how Prestashop should react. You have two options:
- Use the price of a more limited range: Prestashop takes the most expensive range and applies to its terms.
- Disable the carrier: Prestashop does not recommend this carrier because it cannot provide this order.
The next important area is: Carrier’s range creation. This is the most important step, as Prestashop requires this information to provide the Customer with carriers which can actually deliver the ordered package. In fact, depending on the total price or total weight of the item, some carrier options are not available, while others only appear at a certain value. You must be more accurate when completing these values, and preferably every carrier’s documentation suggests.
The whole carrier guide takes its name. Here, you make your carrier’s price or weight limits (depending on your preference for the “billing” option above), create a range within another range, and relating your prices for each zone.
For each range, you need a few steps:
- Fix the lower and upper bounds of the range you create: Depending on the “billing” option, it will show either “will be applied when the price is “ or “will be applied when the weight is” lower limit, and either “will be applied when the price is “ or “Will be applied when the weight is “ for upper limit.
The lowest limit (> =) while upper limit is restricted (<). This means that the value of the range is of lower value in the next range, and the two will not overlap.
- Fill in the prices: Once the lower and upper limitations are completed, prestashop available to edit “all” fields. This is a special field: any value in it will be copied to the available geographical zones in the field without any action in your area. You can evaluate each region individually.
Verify the checkbox for each region where the carrier provides this range. If this carrier does not provide the geographical zone for this current range, ensure to uncheck its check box.
- Create range: Click the “Add new range” button. Adding a new program to the prestashop region. Repeat the lower and upper limitations of this range and restart then fill in the prices per zone.
Weight and price units have a default one for your prestashop install and your products are used. You can change this “Localization” page to the “Localization” menu.
Click “Next” to reach the third group.
Panel 3: Size, Weight and group access
This group offers two options:
- Maximum set height / width / depth / weight: Now a minimum and maximum set can be specified for height and weight, which is an important part of selecting a package carrier. The value is to use the default weight and dimensional units as set in the “Configuration” page of the “Localization” menu.
- Group access: You may need only some user groups to be able to use a carrier. This option is for this purpose.
Click “Next” to reach the fourth and final group.
Panel 4: Summary
This previous panel provides an overview of your setting for this carrier.
If some settings are incorrect, you can go to any previous panel by using the “previous” button or by directly clicking on the panel’s tab. If you wish to save this carrier for a draft, please come back later, and disable the carrier using the “Enabled” option at the bottom of this final group.
One, to save your work, select the “Finish” button and create the carrier.
When using prestashop in multistore mode, another panel is available, group order modifies slightly:
- General Settings
- Shipping spaces and expenses
- Size, weight, and group access
All the panels are explained above. The latest one, “Multi Store” creates it feasible for you to control this carrier to choose your stores.
Adding a carrier using a carrier module
Prestashop comes with a program that has free modules; most importantly global and domestic carriers can quickly locate the carrier blocks you can install.
Available carriers are dependent on the initial settings of your store: if you have your shop in France, you will not get the same models if you set up your shop in the United States!
On the “Add New Carrier” screen, you can create a carrier using a carrier guide or select one of our recommended carrier packages. Registration of carrier by installing carrier volumes is highly recommended: it makes the process much quicker and more accurate.
Depending on the volume, you can click on the “Install” button and allow the prestashop to work, or click the Shopping Cart button. In that second case, the Addons will take you to the market, where you can buy the block. Once you have purchased the block, you can install it and configure it.
Last Update: March 21, 2018