This tool helps to track the data transfer, logs creation, and to run data verification tests. Also, to verify consistency between Magento 1 and 2 database structures.
THE MAGENTO 2 DATA MIGRATION TOOL
With Magento 2 data migration tool, you can migrate the following data:
- orders, invoices, shipments, credit memos
- core configuration
- wishlist, ratings
The Data Migration Tool operates in three modes in the data transfer process, they are:
- Settings: Configuration settings migration
- Data: Main data migration in the database
Delta: Incremental data updates transfer, which is added to Magento 1 storefront. And the Admin Panel while running previous migration modes.
Following versions are supported for Migration
- Community Edition (CE) version 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
- Enterprise Edition (EE) version 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x, 1.14.x
Why do we need Magento 2 Data Migration Tool?
But here we need it to make changes in infrastructure while migrating to Magento 2.
- Checks for data and structural integrity between databases.
- After successful verification, performs the transfer.
- Then checks for the amount of data that transferred.
DATA Migration plan
- Review Extensions and Modules
- Install Magento 2
- Stop Magento 1 Cron and Admin activity
- Start Data migration
- Copy data, settings, and media
- Copy storefront, media, design, and ACLs
- Run all indexes and clear caches
- Test Magento 2 site for update
- End migration (Go Live)
Data migration prerequisites
- Install the new Magento 2 environment on the server.
- Stop Magento2 Cron Jobs
- Backup the Magento 2 database.
- Check the data migration access to both databases.
Contact us to know about Magento 2 migration process in detail.
Related links: 1. Magento 2 Open-Source Features: A Complete List 2. How is Magento 2 architecture is better than Magento 1.9? 3. Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration: The mistakes you need to avoid 4. How do I upgrade to Magento 2 without changing URLs? 5. How to Backup and Restore the Magento Database?