Magento Vs Shopify
Deciding on the most suitable eCommerce platform for making, directing and retaining an online store is a very important one, as it will be the cause of the store success and failure. It is mainly essential for those who are handling small business with limited resources and budgets.
You may be bearing in mind about Magento or Shopify. Magento and Shopify are main eCommerce platforms available on the market today. So, here, we are going to see the detailed comparison of Magento and Shopify.
Magento is one of the leading eCommerce platforms globally. Magento label itself “as the platform for explosive growth”. Magento eCommerce platform has great power to grip small as well as large businesses.
Magento provides Community Edition version for free and Enterprise Edition Version as a paid one for constructing an online store. There are several Magento extensions and modules that will guide the Magento Users to save their precious time.
Shopify is a rapidly rising an eCommerce platform and it is a SaaS platform i.e.) Software-as-a-Service platform. Shopify itself will host your store for you and you don’t have to worry about any technical issues.
Shopify presents a lot of effortless things for anyone and everyone who wishes to sell things in online store. When a store has large sales volume, then Shopify has Shopify Plus platform for it.
Features of Magento Vs Shopify:
Some common features of both Magento and Shopify are given below;
- Fundamental Online Store Functionality: Magento and Shopify both offer some basic functionalities that are great to use and manage.
- Inventory Management: Magento will create some issue if you add too many unlimited products, but you don’t have to worry about Shopify. Since it is fully directed and hosted solution.
- Shipping Charges: Both Magento and Shopify platforms permits flexible and influential options for calculating shipping cost.
- Coupons and Discount Codes Condition: Shopify does not present this feature in starter plan, while Magento presents discount code formation and estimating functionalities.
- Themes and Templates: Both propose numerous themes and templates for online stores look to outfit the store’s product. Shopify is minor than Magento Community.
- Customization facilities: Both platforms presents robust customization facilities through a superior interface that permit you to modify the raw HTML/CSS codes, organize the store’s designs and look.
Magento Pros and Cons:
Big Community of Support for Users: Magento forum will have the ability to answer all your questions in online. You can get an answer to any queries on the huge database of user build content.
Flexible Platform: It’s completely a flexible platform which provides total freedom to design the store.
Cost: Magento is an Open Source Platform which is a public domain free to use but you have to pay for you possess hosting.
Difficult to get grips: It is an overwhelming platform for the non-technical persons. So, it is hard to get hold Magento and Users should have coding knowledge.
Need major time investment: The platform necessitates an important and a major time investment to catch your store up and running it.
Hosting and App Costs: Though it is free to use, hosting and app costs are somewhat high.
Shopify Pros and Cons:
Mobile-Ready Storefront Themes: Shopify will optimize repeatedly for diverse devices and screen sizes, even the desktop is switched off.
App Store Functionality: Shopify is a complete eCommerce website builder with a big App store to enlarge the functionality of the sites.
Easy to Use: Shopify is easy to use and has 24/7 support service, to resolve your problems through live chat or email facilities.
Themes: Shopify permits only a few themes for free to set your site unique you have to purchase some premium themes.
Integrating Issues: While integrating the several apps to the Shopify platform you formulated your store in a difficult way to deal with.
Transaction Fee: Shopify charges some transaction fee for a sale. If you want to ignore transaction fees, you can utilize Shopify Payments.
The above information will give you some ideas about Magento and Shopify Pros and Cons. And it is clear that Magento has a few more advantages over Shopify platform.
If you are looking for further details about Ecommerce development, contact Webnexs