Through our previous blogs, you may be aware that starting an Ecommerce business is an easy process and you can get a huge amount of profit if it is planned well. As we have already mentioned, creating an Ecommerce business is an easy process, but, do you know about the development stages that take place in order to create an attractive Ecommerce website?
1) Setting up the ante – Sharing business ideas and signing up the scope
There are many benefits of sharing thoughts at work. Every time you share thoughts with others and have an exchange with them you improve. There’s a characteristic trade of thoughts there and no single thought is unique.
By sharing thoughts and cooperating, everybody included advantages and gets somewhat back. Without making it comprehended what we’re doing and considering, it’s inconceivable for others to add to that information. New and better things left offering thoughts to others.
One individual can never have a thought that is great. By sharing your thoughts at work, you are presented with a side that you may have never thought of. It will also help you to avoid many problems that are faced by other Ecommerce store owners.
Some of the Challenges faced by newbie:
- Branding & Marketing: To get people to come on an e-Commerce site and make a purchase involves heavy cost due to branding and marketing.
- Declining Margins: With the introduction of a large number of players in the already competitive e-commerce market, the customer is pampered by offering huge discounts, offers, taking returns etc. resulting in razor-thin margins.
- Logistics & Supply Chain: Logistics failure in any area can mean detrimental damage to a startup’s future and can hurt the brand overall. Add to this the need for a guaranteed return policy. Getting this right is a challenge.
- Tax-related issues: Tax rate system of the Indian market is another factor for a lesser growth rate of eCommerce in India in comparison to other developed countries like USA and UK. In those countries, the tax rate is uniform for all sectors whereas tax structure of India varies from sector to sector. This factor creates accounting problems for the Indian online business companies.
- Touch and Feel: Indian customers are more comfortable in buying products physically. Companies dealing with products like apparel, handicrafts, jewelry have to face challenges to sell their products as the buyers want to see and touch before they buy these stuff.
Reference Blog: Why startups are losing its efficiency?
2) WORKING AROUND – based on business needs
a) Research and Strategy
The key aspect while creating an Ecommerce website is having a clear communication between the Website Development Company and the client. It is more important for the developers and the designers to have a clear understating about the company and also the product that the client is manufacturing. Discuss your target audience and the potential keywords that the customers would use to get your product or company in the market. This reach will assist you to reach your customers without any hardship.
Planning is more important for every business. You cannot be successful in a business without a proper business plan. You want to set down each and every requirement needed for your new Ecommerce website as well as its participants. Think about the requirements of your website. Figure out hour you can increase your user experience, product contents, search result, landing page, etc. Use tool like Google Analytics to know exactly how your customers are finding your online store, as well as how long they’re staying and which pages they’re visiting. This will help you to know about your store in a better way.
Your website is the essential representation of your Ecommerce store. The best ways to attract lots of potential customers can be done through the “impression” that your create I.e. by looks and design of your website design. Having a professionally designed website will attract lots of customers to your website as well as it will increase the credibility. Only if the site projects an attractive style and pleasing design, the customer would make a purchase without any second thoughts, otherwise, they might simply think that the product sold by the website will not live up to their expectations. A good website design will also play a key role in determining the usability; the products they’re looking for will have a direct impact on how many site visitors actually convert into buyers. So, a good design website is capable of bringing lots of revenue towards your store.
d) Migration and Launch
The final step involves moving the site from a development server toward live launch. Revisit each of the aforementioned areas again for a final test to confirm that everything works, the brand message is conveyed and the navigation is seamless and properly leads someone to make a purchasing decision.
When developing an e-Commerce site plan, you can filter these steps into three main areas — Research and Strategy, Planning and Information Architecture. Ecommerce Partners has developed a very detailed outline of this plan known as the Ecommerce Requirements Specification or ERS. These are the essential “building blocks” for your website from start to finish.
Reference Blog: Ecommerce Solution for Small Business for their startup journey
The designing of an Ecommerce website includes three processes namely Wire Framing, Live Designing, and Usability. These three process determines the overall design, functionality, and usability if the website.
A wireframe is the visual representation of a user interface. It is done by UX Designers to define the hierarchy of things on a screen and communicate what the products on that page should be based on user needs. It is the right way to design a website service at the structural level. Wireframes can be simply hand drawn, however are often assembled utilizing software application like Microsoft’s Visio, to offer an on-screen shipment.
This is used early in the development process to establish the basic structure of a page before visual design and content is added. Wireframe should be made in the early stages of the project in order to get user and client approval on the layout of key web pages as well as the navigation page. This will create a confidence for the developers to progress further.
At the same, since the wireframes do not include any design or account for technical outcome, it is quite difficult for the customers to understand the concept. So, the developers need to convert the wireframes into design so that it will be easier for the customers to understand the concept. In addition to that, when a material is added, it may originally be too much to fit within the wireframe layout, so the designer and copywriter will have to function very closely making this fit.
Once the wire framing is done and got approval from the client, the next process is live designing. Live designing is nothing but implementing the ideas that are discussed in Wire Framing. Here, the website is designed in order that it can go live. Some of the changes are made here; the design will be changed according to the client’s choice. Many features feature will be added or removed from the design in order to deliver a perfect Ecommerce website.
Usability mainly concentrates on the user experience. Designing for the user experience has a lot more to it than making a product usable. Usability allows people to easily accomplish their goals The website will be created in order that the customer should will comfortable to access everything from the website.
“A good design is pleasurable, thoughtfully crafted, makes you happy, and gets you immersed”
4) Design Integration
Design integration is also known as design customization. Here, the website will be designed in a set of themes that are created by the designers. Client can choose their desired themes to create the website. Since, it is a customization process, the client can also come up with set of reference sites for the website design and the website can be created according to their choice with the help of developers.
Generally, design integration determines the looks and the functionality of the website. Every single design feature of the website will be created only during the integration process. These are some of the steps that will take place during the design integration process.
- Setting up of the working environment
- Category Landing Pages
- Product Landing Pages
- Checkout Pages
- My account Pages
- Order history Pages
- Overall Site Front-end Pages
Reference Blog: Ultimate 7 step guide to build your Ecommerce store to success
5) Shipping integration
Shipment is considered as one of the hard task. This will help you to deliver the products to your customer on time. When a purchase is made successfully, it should be shipped for delivery. Shipping integration makes your work easier. More than 70% of the shopping cart abandonment causes because of poor shipping integration.
Customers frequently look for many different items when shopping online, but one of the most important ones that they look for is how a company handles the shipping. Ecommerce shipping solutions are the prime aspects that consumers look for. Consumers want shipping options that show their charges and taxes, thereby providing them with an understanding of the shipping rates and the various elements associated with purchasing items online.
Consumers also want to know that shipping rates are kept simple. They do not want to feel as though they are being overcharged, when they can pay less elsewhere. Some companies even consider free shipping as a promotional item to ensure that consumers are satisfied with their shipping applications.
It is important that companies clearly explain the policies with respect to their shipping. Putting everything on the product page ensures that consumers are able to effectively process their order effectively and efficiently, while also making sure that the applications are running as smooth as possible.
When a customer comes into your store for buying something from your store, the immediate thing they will do after choosing the product is to check the shipment integration. Your shipping partner should provide you some features like tracking the orders; calculating the speed of the shipment, Insurance options, live rates integration, Real time carrier rate and many more. Here are some of the things that you need to consider while choosing Shipment partner:
- Should have the ability to calculate the real shipping prices based on the real time information provided by FedEx, DHL and UPS online tools
- Must have the freedom to set and create your own shipping prices and methods
- Should have the access to directly print labels for your single or bulk orders from your online store for major carriers.
- Need to have the ability to make slight changes in the carrier shipping prices, generally by a percentage.
- Should automatically send shipping tracking information to the customers through email and notify any changes during delivery process in order to reduce the service calls from customers.
- The customers should have the ability to check shipping options and rates, and choose any of the available shipping options during checkout.
- You should be able to manually calculate shipping rates by determining quantity of items ordered, total weight and invoice amount based on the destination zip code or country.
- Should avail free shipping on certain orders over a specific amount limit or can also set handling free option for certain products.
- It should allow you to specify shipping options for your products.
Reference Blog: Top Ecommerce Website features needed for your Ecommerce Store
6) Payment Gateway selection
One of the main that you need to check while choosing the best ecommerce website builders is the number of Payment Gateways that they provide. As you might already know, the purpose of payment gateway is to process your customer’s credit card payments and make sure that the funds are available for payment to your online store. It simplifies the transactions process by transferring main information between payment portals and the front end processor/bank.
Providing numerous payment gateways in the website will help your Customers to choose the payment gateway in which they are comfortable with. A customer will do regular purchase only if they are satisfied with the payment gateway.
7) Hosting selection
The website hosting is one of the important parts of building an Ecommerce website. Hosting is nothing but the space that you buy on a web server in order to store the data of your website. You can design a website on your own but you need a web hosting server in order to upload it. Unless you upload your website on the hosting server, it cannot be accessed by anyone.
You need to pay additional fee for your web hosting server. Based on the package, the storage space, bandwidth and all other stuffs will vary. You can choose a hosting server according to your needs. So, while choosing a website builder, make sure that the website builder provides web hosting so that your work will be simplified.
Things that you need to consider while getting a Web Hosting
- The number of websites that you can host on the server
- Total amount of space and bandwidth that they provide
- Total number of Email accounts that can be added
- The number of SQL Database
Now you might have got some clear idea about the different stages of developing an Ecommerce website. A website need to go through all these steps in order to be finished an appropriate manner. Every Ecommerce website must have these quality in order to stay top in the Ecommerce business.