The following steps show you how to set up sitemap in Magento 2
- Set the frequency and priority of content Updates
- Complete the Generation Settings
- Set the Sitemap File Limits
- Set the Search Engine Submission Settings
Set Sitemap in Magento 2
It can be configured to index all pages, and even images, so it should be modernized as often as the content on your site changes, which could be on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The configuration lets you set the frequency and priority for each type of content.
Here we are going to establish you how to configure Sitemap in Magento 2. To configure Sitemap in Magento .
Step 1: Set the rate and Priority of Content Updates
On Admin sidebar, tap Stores. Then select configuration and tap XML sitemap in the panel under list.
- Enlarge the Categories options section and set Frequency to one of the following: Always, Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly and Never. In the priority field, choose a value between 0.0 and 1.0. Zero has the least priority.
- Tap to enlarge the products options Then, complete the Frequency and priority setting as needed. To establish the extent that images are included in the sitemap, set add images in to sitemap to one of the following
- Enlarge the CMS Pages Options section. Then, complete the Frequency and Priority settings as required.
- When complete, tap Save Config.
Step 2: Complete the Generation Settings
Enlarge the Generation Settings section and set Enabled to “Yes.” Then, do the following:
- Choose Start Time to the hour, minute and second that you want the sitemap to be updated
- Choose Frequency to one of these: Daily. Weekly & Monthly.
- In the Error Email Recipient field, type the email address of the individual person who is to receive notification, if a mistake occurs during a sitemap renovates.
- Choose Error Email Sender to the store contact that person who appears as the sender of the error notification.
- Choose Error Email Template to the template used for the error notification.
Step 3: Set the Sitemap File Limits
Enlarge the Sitemap File Limits section. Then, do the following:
- In the Maximum No of URLs per File field, enter the maximum number of URLs that can be included in the sitemap. By default, the limit is 50,000.
- In the Maximum File Size field, enter the largest volume in bytes that is distributed for the sitemap. The default size is 10,485,760 bytes.
Step 4: Set the Search Engine Submission Settings
Expand the Search Engine Submission Settings section. If using a robots.txt file to provide instructions to search engines that your site, set Enable Submission to Robots.txt to “Yes.” Then tap Save Config.
The above mentioned steps help you to set Up Sitemap in Magento 2
Last Update: April 9, 2018