The table rate suggests a table of data to estimate shipping rates based on a fusion of conditions, it consists of:
- weight v. Destination
- price v. Destination
- # of Items v. Destination
For example, if your warehouse is in Los Angeles, it costs less to ship to San Diego than to Vermont. You can use table rate shipping to pass the savings on to your clients.
The data that is used to estimate table’s rates are prepared in a spreadsheet and imported into your store. When the client requests a quote, the results appear in the shipping estimate section of the shopping cart.
Step 1: Complete the Default setting
You can complete the following steps without modifying the scope of the configuration.
- In Admin sidebar, click Stores. Then below Settings, select Configuration
- In the panel on the left below Sales, select Shipping Methods.
- Enlarge the Table Rates section, then, execute the following :
- Set Enabled to “yes”.
- If essential, clear the Use system value checkbox to edit for any field to be edited.
- Type the Title that you desire to show for table rates section during checkout. (The default title is “Best Way.”)
- Type the Method Name that you want to show as a label next to the estimated rate in the shopping cart.
- Place Condition to one of the following calculation methods:
- Weight v. Destination
- Price v. Destination
- # of Items v. Destination
- If you want to have a virtual product(s) in the estimation select “Yes” in the Include Virtual Products in Price Calculation.
- If you charge the handle fees, set Calculate Handling Fee to one of the following:
- Then, type the Handling Fee rate according to the method used to estimate the fee.
If the handling fee is based on a percentage, enter the full number.
- In the Displayed Error Message box, type the message that appears when this method is unavailable.
All Allowed countries: customer can use the table rate from the particular country in your store.
Specific countries: After selecting this option, the “ship to specific Countries “list displays. Choose all country where clients can use table rate shipping.
- Type a sequence order number where the shipping methods will display table rates while checking..(0=first;1=second;2=third, and so on.)
- After complete, save Config.
Step 2: Complete the default setup
- In the upper-left corner, choose Store View to “Main website” or to any other website where the configuration applies. When prompted to confirm, click OK.
The export and import options now appear in the Tables Rates section, with “Use Default” check boxes to the right of each option.
- To modify the condition, clear the Use Default Then, select another option
- Click Export CSV. Then, save the csv file to your computer.
4. Open the file in a spreadsheet. Then, complete the table with the appropriate values for the shipping calculation condition.
- Use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard to represent all possible values in any category.
- Each row in a Country column should have a valid three-character code.
- Sort the data by Region/State so the specific locations are at the top of the list, and the wildcard locations at the bottom. This will be enforced by the absolute values of the rules first and after the wildcard values.
5. When complete, save the tablerates.csv file.
Step 3: Import the Table Rate Data
- Go to the Table Rates section of your store framework again
- In the upper-left corner, set up a Store View for the website that uses this method.
- Next to the import field, click the choose file. Choose your completed csv file, and import the rates.
4. After complete, Save Config
Step 4: Check the Rates
To ensure that the table rate data is right, go through the payment through more addresses to ensure shipping and handling rates are rightly estimated.
Example 1: Price V. Destination
This example used to form a set of three different shipping rates order subtotal for the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. The asterisk (*) is a wildcard that represents all values.
Example 2: Weight V. Destination
To make different shipping rates based on the weight of the order; this example uses the condition of weight v. destination.
Example 3:Continue Free Shipping in Continental America
- Make a csv file that contains all the state destinations you are ready to pay free shipping.
- Finish the table rate configuration with the following setting:
- Locate Store View on the main website. Then, click Importto import the csv file.
The following steps explain you the Table Rate Shipping Method in Magento
Last Update: April 5, 2018